Tuesday 17 September 2013

Accomplishments

I didn't feel like I had a particularly fruitful week needlewise this week past but posting this blog is showing me otherwise. Diarising your needlework accomplishments no matter how small the progress certainly motivates you and encourages you to keep going no matter how small the stiching window. And even though the vast majority of my current projects are longer term and there are no quick finishes, I like that, it feels worthwhile. As I read other blogs and see others achievements the same inspiration happens.......
 
This week I traced  the outine on the linen for the Thistle Thread's Floral Glove and got it all framed up ready for stitching. I really want to try and put some stitches into this before the next lesson is posted on the 1st October.

 
Floral Glove (Thistle Threads)
 
I also managed to complete the backstitch and satin stitches on the butterfly for the Essamplaire Casket. Lots of thread changes here. Next will be the satin stitches on the flower to the left and the round forms to the immediate right of the butterfly. As I stitch this project I am getting a real sense of just how long it will take me to design and stitch the Thistle Threads Flat Top Casket I have ordered let alone the double I want to order. I do so love the look & effect of the stumpwork so will likely go down that track and so will be a real labour of love. 

 
Essamplaire Casket
 
I also traced the outline onto the linen for the Butterfly Pinkeep ready for the next Thistle Threads Cabinet of Curiosities lesson on 1st October. I would have rather done this piece on an Evertite frame but I am waiting for some more to arrive and thought since it seems a quick piece I will stick it on the Millenium frame I wasn't using. Just need to lace the sides......soon! 

 
Butterfly Pinkeep (Thistle Threads)
 
On Friday I receive the ginormous box containing the Mirror form ordered from Tricia. It's way bigger and more substantial in reality. I intend to do this prior to a casket. Tricia has no larger mirror slate frames at the momment. Not sure if I want to break it up and stitch pieces or to do it as one piece. There is a DVD that came with the mirror. I still need to watch it. Maybe that will help.
 
I found a blog where a mirror is being stitched and I like her ideas.
 

 
Mirror Form (Thistle Threads)


 
Hinges and DVD ....... just loving the look of that hardware
 
Inside the mirror box were a few other items...... the kit for the May Your Hands and the kit for the Goldwork Master Class that both started 1st September. Now I need to read those lessons and figure out what I need to do to get started. Whew, busy busy and it's school holidays in a couple of weeks! 
 
 
May Your Hands (Thistle Threads)

 
Goldwork Master Class (Thistle Threads)

 
Acorn forms included in the May your Hands kit. Aren't they just so adorable!
 
There were also some supplies I ordered from Tricia including the Silver Tape I ordered for the Flat Top Casket. The tape is quite a different colouring to what you see on the website and is almost greeny looking, still like it though even though the cost was right up there for trim.
 
 
Acorn, pear, orange & lemon forms, parchment, silk pear purl in purple's & waste canvas linen. Looking forward to the lesson with the use of waste canvas. Tricia has explained to me what it is so have some idea that it is a cool idea.
 
 
Silver Tape (Thistle Threads)
 
Oh and after all that excitement I did get some further stitching done. The Mermaid is comming along once the unpicking of the start of lesson #6 was done due to the graph errors and I started on Lesson #7.

 
Mermaid Treasures (Amy Mitten)

 
Double running stitch in sparkly and blingy 'Bijoux Obsidian' to replicate the scales. Love the names Amy gives to her threads! This particular job is a little tedious but still better than that 'darn' shell was.
 
I also did a tiny bit on the Needleworker's Pocketbook. Those little Norfolk style deer are just so teeny tiny cute.


Needleworker's Pocketbook (Amy MItten)
 
And to top all off this morning I see my cheque has been presented that I sent to 'Timeless Treasures' in Napier so I must have got in! Haven't had an email yet! This is to enrol to do the Fruit of the Vine Sampler Huswif with Ellen Chester a visiting American designer. Quite appropriately the venue for the day is the Mission Estate Winery. The course is costly but it is not often we get these opportunities down here in NZ. So now I have to figure out... do I fly to Napier for the day or drive with the family for more than a day. It is a 4 hour drive or and hour's flight from Auckland. I haven't been to Napier since I was a child. It's not until March 14th so a bit of time to decide but not much if I want cheap flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...