Tuesday 5 November 2013

Thank Goodness

I have finally completed all the cross stitch for the saw tooth border on the May Your Hands. What a mission. Still working with the 3226 grey but doing the words now in tent over one.


 
May Your Hands - Thistle Threads 

 
May Your Hands - Thistle Threads
 
The Needleworker's Pocketbook is coming along real slow. I am only working on this one currently when the girls are at swimming so is only about 1hr a week. Still it is progressing although I am working on the eyelets now so takes a while but love the lacey effect.
 
 
 
Needleworker's Pocketbook - Amy Mitten
 
The Mermaid Treasures has moved along somewhat. I have completed all the stitching since Amy sent the additional threads and have made up two of the pieces. The little fish needlekeep/pinkeep is so darned adorable and the scallop shell thread holder has turned out real neat. Amy's finishing instructions are soooo detailed that the finishing process is nowhere near as daunting as it could be.

 
Mermaid Treasures - Amy Mitten
 
 
Mermaid Treasures - Amy Mitten (scallop shell back)
 
 
Mermaid Treasures - Amy Mitten (scallop shell front)
 
Amy posted a new tutorial this week to start on 21st December at the winter solstice although it is the exact opposite down here south of the equator. Of course I have signed up. It is called 'Casket Keepsakes' and we will be making two bellows shaped casket smalls. One is a pin keep and the other a thread winder keep. Neat and hopefully we can assume we might have a new course for all four seasons if we are lucky.
 
The1st of the month rolled over again and I received four more lessons from Tricia for all the courses I am taking. Takes a while to do all that saving and printing out. Need to do the next bit for the floral glove first I think so I can stay on track with at least that one.
 
Margriet at Essamplaire also posted the next lesson for the casket. I haven't done anything on that lately as trying to finish up the very time consuming Mermaid Treasures. I need to plan some time for this project as I do enjoy it.
 
I did make a start on another small for the Cabinet of Curiosities, the 'Rose Glove' so I can try the background in gold thread technique, but haven't taken a photo. yet Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...