Saturday 13 May 2017

A Duo Of Completed Panels

This week see's the completion of two pieces for two different projects however both reside firmly in the 17th century genre. Two fabulous finishes this week how awesome is that ~ man my favourite season of Autumn is producing some results ~ gotta love it!!

I've been 'beavering' away a little each night on the third panel of my double casket and bit by bit that means that panel three is complete. I am still behind the schedule but I am maybe a quarter of the way through panel four but you'll have to wait for a peak of that one for a little while ~

~ And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky ~ i'll 'Get' there ~ 


The other panel I have been working on is progresssing more 'Galapagos Tortoise' like  ~ I have been working only occasionally on this over the past couple of years so the first panel completed on this project is so fantastic ~ my motivation has been upwards on the beads though as they are fun to work with, the project is always out and about and calling to me now and things grow super quick when you stick at it ~ you'll be proud of me Rachael Kinnison I finally got to first base on your beautiful mirror case ~

~ A Pretty Boy Butterfly and a Bug ~



~ Another Pretty Girly Butterfly and her Bugly Friends ~



~ And Here It Is ~ The First Panel Completed ~


So since it is Mother's Day here in NZ tomorrow my daughters have promised me some quiet time to do as I please ~ no need to ask what that will be right !! I'm gonna make a start on the top panel with the little caterpillar under that old oak tree ~ woo hoo!

This week I also met for the first time with a local group of like minded ladies who get together once a week for a couple of hours in the evening. I have been living in this area for so long and had no idea until just recently that they were here as they do not advertise and so it's super nice to have been invited to attend ~ nice to meet you and see you again 'Bombay Ladies' ~



~ May Your Days Be Filled With Salubrious Stitching ~

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous mothers day for tomorrow! great that you have found a local group to connect with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really good. Love the bugs and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your post come up :-) How cool to be making some progress on your projects - they are looking good! Great that you have found and joined a local group, I always find it fun to get together with like minded others. Hope you got your quiet stitching day yesterday - Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...