Sunday 23 June 2013

William Morris Legacy At My House

So awesome, this week I got my William Morris inspired Morning Glory Quilt back from Jenny Allen who does my quilting for me and the quilting is fabulously busy. LOVE IT! Thanks so much for the fabulous design Michele Hill as without your obesssion with William Morris and your fantastic books none of this would have been possible for me.

Very busy busy certainly suits any quilt inspired by and appliqued from William Morris fabric as his designs were always very colourful and busy.

And to quote William himself.......Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful....

 

This week I have also made some good progress on Amy Mitten's Mermaid Treasures. I have completed the two pockets, the fish & their fins. It was my very first experience on the stumpwork fins for the fish doing detached buttonhole stitch. I can definetly improve but I am not too unhappy with my first attempts ever at this process. This will only get better (& quicker) with all the scales for the mermaid on the mirror comming up. I LOVE how the little mirror turned out with the cute as reflection on the first pocket and working with the pearl purl on the second pocket mermaid's waist makes me just want to use that stuff more & more as I suspected it would.

 
I also made a start on the mirror mermaid and have finished the cloud and now working on the water which is alternating diagonal satin stitch. I have quite a bit to do to catch up on this one and then what do you know, Amy posts another tutorial this week!!! Not to mention that I have not even opened the kit for the Needleworker's Pocketbook. But for me, good progress has been made this week so I am happy, happy, happy stitching inside while we have been in the middle of a cold and rainy low driven up from the Antarctic this week.
 
 
Only a week to go until another Thistle Threads Cabinet of Curiosities encore lesson is posted. Lesson #3. Been reading all the threads this week on the class social site from all the ladies in the first class and getting very jealous as they have all just received the second mailing with all the fabulous goodies. Can't wait for our first box of goodies but not until August apparently...aaaaaggghhhh The trinket box comming up for the first girls that Tricia has designed is amazing. I just want to make it now but it's over a year away!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to look at my blog and to partake of my creative pursuits. Creating with textiles and fibres is a passion I embrace with abandon. Comments from those who understand this joy are food for the soul.
You can catch me at reconstructedfabulousness@gmail.com

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...